With the global health crisis at the moment, you might be wondering what you can do to keep you and your family fighting fit!
Here are some immune boosting top tips:
- Increase your vegetable intake, and have more green vegies – at least 2 cups per day. Vegetables are high in nutrients and low in calories, making them the perfect fuel for our bodies!
- Add more Vitamin C to your diet with foods such as broccoli, oranges, kale, capsicums & lemons. Or you could take a vitamin c supplement – this is what I use here and love it
- Increase the antioxidants in your diet with foods such as berries, kale, & beans. These help protect your cells against free radicals/damage
- Increase anti inflammatory foods in your diet such as garlic, turmeric, leafy greens & fatty fish such as salmon
- Cut back on processed foods that include excess sugar, gluten, wheat & dairy. A lot of these foods cause inflammation in the body.
- Make a bone broth full of nutrients! Have at least 1 cup per day. Try my recipe here
- Make sure you get plenty of sleep. Your body needs quality sleep to function well, so do your best to catch up on it if you need to
- Manage your stress. Stress can lower your immune system, so make sure you do things that help you manage this. For example, regular exercise, meditation etc.
- Stay hydrated & drink 2-3 litres of water per day. Water helps to flush toxins from our body
- Make sure you are active often. Our bodies were designed to get moving! Exercise is important both for our physical and mental health
With shutdowns of facilities and social restrictions at the moment, it can be hard to go out and fit your exercise in. If you’d like a way to work out with other Mamas from the comfort of your own home, come & join us in The Fitt Mum Club for just $8 per week! Meal Plans & healthy recipes Included!